Operation Gratitude- Send a Holiday Care Package (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
This Year Join My Tribe Movement In "Operation Gratitude", with Honor, Respect and Gratitude we will send care packages to Sailors and Airmen deployed upon the USS HARRY S. TRUMAN . Each package contains food items, hygiene products, entertainment, handmade items, and handwritten letters of support and appreciation.
Your Generous donation pays for the cost of requested supplies and shipping to our deployed Heroes. Thank you for joining My Tribe Movement this holiday season in supporting the work of Operation Gratitude.
Requested supplies :
Personal and Practical Items
- High-quality socks (I have to put this first, because some high-quality socks will make the toughest soldier smile with delight)
- Soap- bodywash, face wash,etc
- Toothpaste, toothbrush and floss
- Deodorant (non-aerosol)
- Lip balm sticks
- Foot powder
- Hand sanitizer
- Body wipes
- Pain-relieving topical cream (not a necessity, but can be a real luxury)
- Vicks VapoRub
- Hand Warmers
- vitamin C & D capsalues
Downtime Activities:For as many moments of action service members face, there's plenty of downtime as well. If you're twiddling your thumbs and waiting while in the US, you have the luxury of pulling out your smartphone and killing a little bit of time. When Deployed, we don't always have that luxury, so we have to have our own fun.Some items to consider include:
- Reading material (magazines, books or an e-reader like a Kindle)
- Handheld video games
- Board games
- Decks of cards
- iPod or thumb drives with movies, music and pictures
- Puzzles or sudoku books
- Plastic model kits
- Batteries (AAs and AAAs, and watch batteries))
- Pencils/ pens
- 3M wall hooks. Really anything that could help decompress from a stressful day and focus on something else.
Food and Snacks:The best way to most anyone's heart is through their stomach.
While there's enough bland food to go around the ship, and the variety is lacking. we will include some of the following:
- Hot sauce/ Variety of sauces (a great commodity to have around)
- Water flavoring packets or Energy Packets
- Protein Powder
- Beef jerky
- Slim Jims
- Protein bars
- Sunflower seeds
- Snacks for movie night.